In compliance with the policy of the state and the trend currently adopted by the Ministry of Petroleum towards broadening the scope of ownership and introducing
the latest technology to the petroleum industry in Egypt, as well as creating new job opportunities for the youth, Alexandria Mineral Oils Company (AMOC) was established in May 1997, as an Egyptian contributing company, under the law no. (230) for the year 1989 and the law of investment no. (8) for year 1998, with an authorized capital of 2 billion L.E., an issued capital of 820 million L.E. and investment cost of 1900 million L.E.